Wedding Coordinator Assistant
Posted: 7/22/2021 – 8/6/2021
Weekend Wedding Warrior, LLC is looking for a Wedding Day Assistant to join our team. We are a small, local, woman-owned business that plans and coordinates weddings and events in the Louisville, Kentucky area. We’re seeking a Wedding Day Assistant who can assist our Lead Coordinators on the following dates (and then hopefully stay on for the 2022 season!). Please do not apply if you are unavailable for any of the following dates:
- 8/28/21 *training/shadowing of experienced Assistant and Company Owner
This Assistant should be prepared to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment that always puts the Clients needs first. We are a hospitality-driven company that prides ourself on always putting our best foot forward in every situation.
- Access Google Sheet to know who you are assisting each wedding. Communicate with Lead Coordinator and obtain timeline for each weekend.
- Familiarize yourself with wedding timeline.
- Be timely in arriving for wedding days. Communicate consistently with Lead Coordinator and take directions as needed.
- Assist the Lead Coordinator and take all directions from them….not the Client! This means that you may not be doing the pretty wedding jobs like caring the Bride’s train, but you will be essential in pulling the Couple’s vision together.
- Take pictures of details and of the Lead Coordinator and email them to the company Owner for social media use.
- Availability for the entirety of the following dates in 2021: 9/5, 9/18, 10/2, 10/8, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impressive memory retention skills
- Outgoing and warm personality with an attention to detail and a desire for perfection and people-pleasing
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Keep calm under pressure and external intensity
- Google Drive experience a plus
- Must be well put together and professional in appearance and demeanor
- An understanding of etiquette and appropriateness
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, walk miles (average 6 miles a wedding day), lift heavy items, and be on your feet for 10+ hours
- Must be able to think quickly and communicate accurately while making decisions
- Practical experience in wedding coordination along with increase knowledge of the wedding industry
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful event professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Assistants are Independent Contractors and not Employees of Weekend Wedding Warrior, LLC
- $20 an hour (typical wedding day is 10-12 hours e.g. 12pm-12am, 1pm-11pm, etc)
How to apply
Please email a (1) resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) Instagram handle to Owner, Maggie Heely, email@example.com by August 6th. If considered, candidates will be notified for an interview by August 9th. Interviews will be via Google Meet the week of August 9th. Candidates will be notified if selected by August 16th and be expected to train at a wedding on August 28th.