(1) Solid Flexible Self – having a solid sense of self without the need for other’s validation or acceptance
(2) Quiet Mind & Calm Heart – calming your own anxiety and soothing your own emotions
(3) Grounded Responding – not over-reacting to other peoples over-reactions. Addressing things you’d prefer to avoid
(4) Meaningful Endurance – diligent effort in the face of frustration, failure, & disappointment. Tolerating discomfort for growth.
Great meeting w/ Louisville Bride today. I’m happy to announce that the Wisdom for the Warrior article will continue! Now taking wedding/relationship questions!!
- guestbook, escort cards, toasting flutes, and cake server would not have been set out
- table numbers would not have been put out (the staff forgot)
- one family did not have escort cards…the bride would have had to find them a table to sit at and deal with that issue
- the head table only had one linen (no overlay) and therefore you could see all the imperfections in the wood through the 1 cloth…that was corrected before guests arrived
- incorrect napkin fold
- DJ would have been in the restroom when it was time to make crucial announcements
- Bride decided to add a welcome speech at the last minute by her father…DJ was not aware.
- DJ did not have names of wedding party for introductions
- Lights would not have been dimmed at the correct time (if ever) for dancing
- Staff would have taken centerpieces down an hour before the end of the event
- Candy from candy buffet would have been thrown out
- A glass was broken on the dance floor and staff was not around…guest could have been hurt
- Bride and groom would not have had meals delivered to their room at the end of the night.
- Checks would have had to be delivered by mother of the bride to the vendors therefore interrupting her time/experience
- Bride, Groom, and Parents would have had to get their own drinks
…and I’m sure there was more, but that’s all I can remember at this point. Hopefully, this gives a good indication on why wedding coordinators (not necessarily full planners) are so important!
Today’s Weddings: (A) Alicia will be at Hurstbourne CC and (M) Maggie will be at The Galt House! Look for lots of pics and updates today!
The project that I’m working on today is blowing my creative mind. Always challenge yourself! Pictures to come!
It’s really never too late to hire a wedding coordinator. Alicia just booked Oct 15, 2011 today!
What is a Mehndi?! It is the application of henna as a temporary form of skin decoration in India, as well as by expatriate communities from the country. The use of mehndi and turmeric is described in the earliest Vedic ritual books. Haldi(Staining oneself with turmeric paste) as well as mehndi are important Vedic customs as a symbolic representation of the Outer and the Inner Sun. Vedic customs are meant to awaken the “inner light and so the gold of the inner Sun has an important symbolic function”.
Traditional mehndi designs draw the sun on the palm, which in this context represents the mind. Mehndi decorations became fashionable in the West in the late 1990s, where they are sometimes called henna tattoos. Henna is typically applied during special occasions like weddings. Henna was originally used as a form of decoration mainly for brides.
Look for more pics in the near future of our bride Laura getting her Mehndi on!